CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 20, 2006

This is messed up!

Wow a lot has happened this week. Where I do I start the story? Todd’s dad had always said that when he passes the motorcycle we had down here would become Todd’s. Well in the interest of not giving things away yet last Sunday his mom asked if we could bring the motorcycle up this weekend. Todd told her we would take care of it. Well we tried to call his mom Monday, her sister answered and said she was laying down and she would have her call us. No call. We tried again Tuesday, same thing happened but his aunt wanted to make sure we were bringing the bike up cause they have a potential buyer! We were like what? So anyways Wednesday his niece calls me wanting our address, she said the church wanted to send something so I gave it to her. Well last night imagine our surprise when I answer Todd’s phone and there is a guy on it saying he is with a towing company and is here to pick up the bike. THEY NEVER EVEN CALLED US TO TELL US HE WAS COMING! I am sure she called to the address for the towing company. Todd was devastated, he already had said now that dad is gone he would be the black sheep again and they since his mom is so impressionable and never wants conflict with her sisters or daughter she goes along with what they say. They had already been talking about her selling everything and moving back to Portland, which is probably what will happen. Todd is more upset about not being called or anything then the bike being gone. Like he said he has the necklace that his dad gave him the last time we saw him and the St Christopher pendant he was wearing when he died. He does not want anything else. He feels he has not only lost his dad, but his mother and family too. I felt so bad for him. At this point he is just done with his entire family. He said that if he never talks with them again he would be fine with that and that he is grieving the loss of a family not just a dad. He said he is so glad to have me, the boys and my family to call his.

So that is what is going on here. We are just going to go on living our life, planning our future and have him check out Florida while we are there because now the thought of moving after the wedding and being near my family, one that loves each other and treats each other with respect is very appealing to him.

On a lighter not I passed my test for my Life Insurance Producer License yesterday! Woo Hoo! I did not think I would pass as I had just taken the class the day before Roger died and I did not really get to study right after it. But I retained enough to pass!

3 comments:

Mrs. H said...

I am still hoping his Mom will come to her senses before it is too late. That is crazy the the neice is getting involved liked that too.

MOVIEMAN said...

That is way messed up. I'm with Mr. H., maybe his mom will come to her senses. Very sad and messed up. At least you have each other.

Dakini said...

WOW! Man, I am really sorry to hear that this kind of situation is happening for you. I agree with Mrs H.